Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cooking without stove aka with microwave

Since from office I were keep on thinking what to eat for dinner. I want something simple and feel like a homemade food. A simple food. Hmmm but the gas tank at home is empty and Im just lazy to go and buy the new tank as I don’t know where to buy ;)). Actually that the reasons don’t know where to buy. I just have a microwave and rice cooker. It may help isinit. Hmmmm

On my way home, I stop at a grocery market to buy some fish, and veggies. The only fish that I know is Ikan kembong and ikan Merah. So I bought Ikan kembung. I do remember pakcik Razak once told me if want to choose a fish have to check the eyes make sure its red and picit-picit sikit the fish make sure it hard. Most of the fish eyes there were not so red and I didn’t picit-picit the fish with my hand just use the spatula to picit-picit. Ok lah I plan to cook steam fish. So I bought lots of ginger, chilies, and lime. Plan to cook just simple kangkung, than the uncle ask me to take kangkung and a Indian type of spinach. If I take the 2 type of veggies it’s cheaper. So why not. Just try the Indian spinach.





This the spinach that the uncle asked me to try.... Small sangat, so i just cut out the root and wash it clean. banyak pasir


This the main ingredients for steam fish. Ginger, lime and chillies....



The fish... Not bad lah. Its fresh rasanye. Although the eyes not that red.

Since I don’t have a stove, I cooked the steam fish using microwave. Clean up the fish, slice small the chilies and the ginger. Sumbat the mix ginger and chilies in the fish tummy and around the fish. Perah the lemon and add some salt. Then put in the microwave for 3.5 min. Wallah…. here the result. Not bad kan… sodap...


The fish... sedap masam pedas ... cukup rasa lah :)


And for the Indian spinach, I remember awa did teach me a healthy cooking method. So here we are. Boil water while waiting for the water to be cooked, clean up the spinach. Once the water cooked and the spinach is clean and clear pour the hot water in to a bowl of clean spinach. Wait for a while till the spinach is cook. In other bowl, put some olive oil and salt. Toss the spinach, making sure no water left, then put the spinach into the bowl that contain the olive oil mixed with salt. Mix all and fuh here we are. A healthy food. I just used abt 2 genggam beras to cook rice. Im satisfied with the food. Homemade food.



I put hot boil water to make sure its cooked... See berasap gitu....



Serve while it hot... Menarik kan.....



My hot rice



And my companion. The monkey , duck and chicken..... Wat can i say......

5 comments:

Athena said...

hehe..bagus la..masih lagi boleh home cook!! :)

Saverinea said...

tu lah.... im impress too...... boleh masak lagi tu..... kwang kwang kwang

aDiaShi inaGhi said...

cian dier... masak sedap3, mkn ngan monkey je. huhu. tula, sape suruh xajak kite. heee:D tapi kan mak kite kata ikan yang segar mata dia xmerah. cane tu? hmm... hmm...

Anonymous said...

ish macam kenal jek resepi ikan kukus masak lime nih...bukan hari tu kite dah belanja ke menu nih?heheheh...hak ah la save...slalunya nak beli ikan, kena tengok kat insang dia...beli insang yang merah, jangan beli yang kaler merah hati..yang tu ikan lama...hi save, learn from the expert la....hehehehe

Saverinea said...

tu lah liza.... ini dah lama kite masak... masa jumpe awak tu cam teringin je lagi.. kekekkekek nak wat cam ne..... ala masalah nye liza kite jarang membeli belah ikan nie.... susah lah